For cities, providing a harmonized API instead of a city-specific interface can bring in a greater variety of applications. With shared specs, reference implementations and running instances, the APIs and solutions are easily applied locally and adjusted to local needs. You can get a great overview by reading our cookbook.
By implementing CitySDK APIs cities are able to:
• Utilize the know-how and resources of the cities with a CitySDK API or multiple APIs already deployed
• Manage data provision
• Capture the innovation potential and the expertise of the local and global community to the further development of urban digital services
• Provide the citizens with an option to choose from a wider selection of services, profiled to respond to the needs of different audiences
• Diminish the risks related to rapidly changing techological trends
• Be part of international CitySDK community boosting interoperability of services across the cities and boarders
Tested in 8 cities
The CitySDK has been developed with the involvement of 8 cities across Europe, so we understand some of the difficulties and problems cities face, and we have developed these tools to address some of these issues.
Because these tools have already been developed for the partner cities, your city can benefit from our experience and hopefully encourage innovation. The cookbook as well as the Getting Started section provides you with an easy guide to working with the CitySDK or the Components section describes what the toolkit consists of.