The Issue reporting API / Open311 API enables sending service requests to the city’s feedback system. It can be used to report for example broken street signs, potholes, etc. It can be used for reporting on other issues as well.
The issue reporting API is based on GeoReporting version 2, which is better known as Open311. The interface is designed in such a way that any GeoReporting version 2 compatible client is able to use the interface.
What does the API do?
- API enables endpoints to define different service requests types
- It allows defining city specific parameters for service request types
- It allows sending service requests with details such as location and media
- It allows searching submitted service requests
- It allows following the status of submitted service request
- API simple and easy to use. It is already used in several cities
- XML and JSON formats can be used.
- It supports different media formats when uploading media
List of application using APIs can be viewed from here.
List of apps using Open311 APIs are listed in Open311.org page.
Documentation, developers, source code
Documentation for API can be found from //dev.hel.fi/apis/issuereporting.
Each city hosting API also provide documentation. Links to the documentation can be found from chapter Endpoints.
6Aika Open data and interfaces Issue reporting API
List of cities supporting Open311 API can be found from //wiki.open311.org/GeoReport_v2/Servers.
Further information on the Smart Participation pilot and Issue reporting API / Open311 API:
City of Helsinki
+358 40 516 5931
City of Turku
City of Oulu